Thursday, March 6, 2014

God's handiwork

Ephesians 3:10 For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
-
It seems like the world is often set ablaze in conflict between people. It is sad that many people lose their lives as a result and a culture of confrontation and violence can become common to so many. I've been thinking about the wonder of human life. I have had the thought that, if I can begin to see more of the beauty of God's handiwork in each life and if I can see the eternal potential of every human life, perhaps that will help me put some of these conflicts and confrontations into perspective. I enjoy reading and watching movies about our military heroes and the great courage and sacrifice they display. But lately, as I have read and watched I have been impressed by the medical corpsmen and battlefront surgeons who also sacrifice and take great risks to patch up the wounded and to save lives...sometimes even the lives of the enemy. There is the spark of the divine...the potential for eternal life...in every person. What a great challenge it is to see people this way and to realize the opportunity we have to help them find the path to a life that begins here and continues forever in the bright skies of Heaven!
-
Job 33:4 For the Spirit of God has made me,
and the breath of the Almighty gives me life.
-
blessings,
Rob Smith
 

No comments:

Post a Comment