Tuesday, June 3, 2014

"I am the Messiah"

I listened to the early chapters of the Gospel of John yesterday and one of the things that stood out to me was how clear Jesus made his identity. He wasn't just "a good man", "a great teacher", "an example of morality". See how he answered the following question from the Samarian woman in chapter 4l verses 24,25: "The woman said, 'I know the Messiah is coming-the one who is called Christ. When he comes, he will explain everything to us.' Then Jesus told her, 'I am the Messiah!"
-
Earlier, during his conversation with the Pharisee, Nicodemus, after Jesus explained the necessity to be 'born again' to see life everlasting, he provided this credential in verse 13: No one has ever gone to heaven and returned. But the Son of Man has come down from heaven.and just to make sure there was no doubt about who the 'Son of Man' was, Jesus identified him in verses 14 and 15 as the one who would be lifted up on a pole so that everyone who believes in him will have eternal life.
-
In John, chapter 5, Jesus makes it clear that is the Son of God and listen to this amazing promise from verse 24: "I tell you the truth, those who listen to my message and believe in God who sent me have eternal life. They will never be condemned for their sins, but they have already passed from death into life."
-
Jesus made it clear who he was, where he came from, who sent him, and what authority he had. He also made clear how we ought to respond!
-
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment