Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Just follow Jesus

This morning, as I held my 6 month old granddaughter, Annie, and thought about her life ahead I was also thinking about the word "discipleship" which our church is emphasizing and integrating in our ministries and programs. It was a tender time to be alone with the Lord and with Annie and the thought that came to me was: "Just follow Jesus". This is the only ambition I need and the central need Annie will have throughout her life. In a sense, everything else flows from this. "Just follow Jesus". Jesus as my one ambition...to know Him better, talk to Him frequently, listen to Him fervently, obey Him faithfully.
-
This is my prayer for Annie too. That she will fall in love with the one who formed her and who has wonderful plans to unfold in and through her life!
-
Mark 1:17-18 Jesus called out to them, "Come, follow me, and I will show you how to fish for people!" And they left their nets at once and followed him.
-
Love,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment