Monday, August 18, 2014

God is with us

I was busy working in the yard pretty much all Saturday. We were adding dirt to our garden areas, pulling weeds and cutting grass. At one point, while I was cutting grass, I thought about the Lord. As I was pushing the mower I considered how the Lord is always present with us. It occurred to me that He is even present when we are doing something as common as cutting the grass. I began to have a conversation with Him and told Him that I knew He was with me and I would love to have some kind of confirmation that He was there. In a matter of moments a gorgeous gold leaf from a tulip poplar fell down on the grass in front of me. I looked up into the trees and could not see any other leaves that had even started to turn color. I believe the Lord was showing me that He was right there with me even as I was walking back and forth with the lawn mower. This is our God. He is with us and He sees and knows and cares about every detail of our lives.
-
Psalm 56:13 For you have rescued me from death;
you have kept my feet from slipping.
So now I can walk in your presence, O God,
in your life-giving light.
-
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment