Tuesday, August 26, 2014

right on track

The last time I got a haircut I was shocked to look down and see the white hair from my head fall on my lap. "Could that be me?", I almost laughed. And then, soon after, I had a conversation with a gentleman who is older than I and we were discussing the adjustments we must make to getting older. "The strange thing is", he said, "I feel like the same person inside looking out through these eyes." So it is an interesting thing to age...to have passed the point of peak vitality and now find ourselves beginning to fade. There are concessions we all must make to age. Our bodies just don't move like they once did. Our minds don't recall as crisply as they once did. We move slower and time moves faster. But, as I considered all this I became encouraged. It's all part of God's plan! We get daily reminders that we were not fashioned to live here forever...we were fashioned to live somewhere else forever! And at a certain point we need to move on from the earth's stage to allow another crop to grow up and walk the earth and have their time to find the Lord as well. So, in a back door kind of way, the process of aging is a welcome sign that we are on track for the next step in God's plan.-
-
Mark 4:26 Jesus also said, "The Kingdom of God is like a farmer who scatters seed on the ground. 27 Night and day, while he's asleep or awake, the seed sprouts and grows, but he does not understand how it happens. 28 The earth produces the crops on its own. First a leaf blade pushes through, then the heads of wheat are formed, and finally the grain ripens. 29 And as soon as the grain is ready, the farmer comes and harvests it with a sickle, for the harvest time has come."
-
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment