Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Framework for a day

As I strolled in the predawn morning and looked over the local pond I was intrigued that there was enough light from the night sky to reflect off the surface of the water.  There was just enough light to see without so much light that I could be distracted.  I considered the coming day and I looked up to pick out a few dim stars above.  The thought has been with me for several days that we all have a "framework" that our lives hang on.  This framework is like the foundation of a house, or the trellis that a plant will grow through, or the highway that we drive and take exits from.  "What is my framework", I asked myself.  "My framework is the Lord."  The beginning of each day is a good time to go back to the frame that will carry us through the day.  It is good to reaffirm the conviction that God formed all I can see and has given me life...every day of my life.  I must come to Him with my questions and needs for only He has the ultimate answers and plans.  My natural life is passing  and transitioning, just like the trees in the autumn, but He is enduring and He is accessible and He cares for me.  It is good to focus on the framework as each day begins.  I know that the answers don't like within me...they come from Him!
-
Matthew 22:37-38 Jesus replied, "You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.  This is the first and greatest commandment." 
-
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment