Saturday, November 1, 2014

alone...not lonely

Sometimes you have to get alone to realize you're not. This morning I drove down to the pond, where no one else was found. I felt the cool and fresh morning air and was impressed with the rusty colors in the foliage surrounding me. I pictured myself with Jesus right beside, remembering His promise to be in me. I decided to let Him have total input to my thoughts. If He is always with me, I reasoned, He probably has something to say or some thought for me to focus on. I don't know that I received a great revelation, but in the awareness of His immediate presence I was led to pray and to appreciate this gift of life. I realized that sometimes you have to get alone to realize you're not. As children of the Lord we are never alone and never need to be lonely. The companionship of the Lord can be sweetest at times like that! There was a time when everyone, including the Disciples, abandoned Jesus, but He knew He was never alone, either. He knew the Father was with Him through the suffering that led to the Cross.
-
John 14:20 "When I am raised to life again, you will know that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you."
-
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment