Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Emmanuel

Christmas is fast approaching. Calendars are becoming very full! Life is very challenging at this time of year. This is the season that we remember that God came to be in our midst. Jesus was also called Emmanuel which means "God with us". This has become very personal to me over the past day. For some reason I didn't sleep well the first two nights of this week. Work has been challenging as well and we have had functions to attend at night. And this week we will sing for five straight nights in the concert! On the way into the garage last night I didn't allow enough clearance and scraped the front of my car. Already exhausted, I climbed into bed with nervous apprehension that I wouldn't be able to sleep well again. As my mind turned over my worries and concerns all of a sudden a peace came over me and the clear thought surfaced, "I am with you". I realized the Lord was present and that He is always present and just focused on the peace of that presence. Emmanuel had become very personal to me at that moment. God is with us and God is for us. In the midst of my weakness I was reminded that, despite that weakness, He is my strength (and He alone!).
-
Isaiah 7:14 All right then, the Lord himself will give you a sign. Look! The virgin will conceive a child! She will give birth to a son and will call him Immanuel (which means 'God is with us').
-
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment