Wednesday, December 3, 2014

the Planner

Planning is something I have done professionally in my life. At the shipyard I worked in "Nuclear Planning" related to the construction of nuclear powered ships and in my second career I have been doing "Financial Planning". The "verse of the day" in my Bible today is Isaiah 25:1, "O Lord, I will honor and praise your name, for you are my God. You do such wonderful things! You planned them long ago, and now you have accomplished them.
-
Talk about planning! God planned a universe and a world and all that makes them spin and support life. He has plans for kingdoms and nations too and they have all been fulfilled. It occurred to me that a God who is so successful at the big plans is certainly capable of having a plan for my life too! And looking back I can see that His plans have been working out. It is amazing to me to see the Master Planner complete His works while still permitting us, as individuals, great freedom to make personal choices.
-
Truly, Lord, we can say with the Psalmist: "You do such wonderful things! You planned them long ago, and now you have accomplished them."
-
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment