Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Fw: quiet majesty


----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Rob Smith <toanosmith@yahoo.com>
To: Rob Smith <rsmith@mycwa.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 6, 2015 7:25 AM
Subject: quiet majesty

On my walk this morning my eyes were drawn to some magnificent tall trees along the path.  I thought about the years of time it had taken for these tall hardwoods to grow.  Often I just see the woods full of trees but this morning they seemed to stand out individually.  They seemed to have a quiet majesty.  Powerful and massive in a way, yet unobtrusive and perfectly content to remain fixed in one place, they  reflected the awesome creativity of their Heavenly designer.  I realized that many of these quiet natural towers will probably far outlive me on the planet and I was humbled.  It was good to be in the presence of these silent giants this morning...good to be humbled and reminded that we live in the valley of a mighty God...who has fashioned such wonders.  And His presence in my life is a tower as well.
-
Psalm 96:11-12 Let's hear it from Sky, With Earth joining in, And a huge round of applause from Sea.  Let Wilderness turn cartwheels, Animals come dance, Put every tree of the forest in the choir-
(The Message translation)
-
blessings,
Rob Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment