Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Fw: wash me


----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Rob Smith <toanosmith@yahoo.com>
To: Rob Smith <rsmith@mycwa.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 5, 2015 7:42 AM
Subject: wash me

  Stepping out of the truck this morning I was washed with sunlight, sweet scents like honey suckle and sounds of spring birds singing.  It occurred to me that I needed to be washed in mind and heart as well.  Coming through the night and awakening, so often there are fears, doubts, strife and unclean thoughts that carry over.  I realized that I need an inward washing that only the Lord can do.  Here is a picture of a quiet brook that runs beside the path and reminds me of God's cleansing presence and word, which accompany my path.
-
Psalm 19 (The Message Translation)11-14: Clean the slate, God, so we can start the day fresh!  Keep me from stupid sins, from thinking I can take over your work; Then I can start this day sunwashed, scrubbed clean of the grime of sin.
-
blessings,
Rob Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment