Tuesday, May 19, 2015

the turkey and the turtle

  In a crisis we don't always do the smart thing.  Over the past several days I saw a turkey and a turtle illustrate this.  As I was driving slowly down the back road toward my walking path the other day a female turkey was ahead of me on the road.  As I approached (again slowly) she tried to run...not across the road but down the road!  Finally it occurred to her that she could fly!  She reluctantly beat her wings and lifted to the top of the nearby trees.  She could have simply scooted across the road...or flown to begin with.  Yesterday, on my way back from the walk I spied a box turtle just edging out onto the road ahead.  As I approached he didn't back away...he just pulled his head into the shell and hoped whatever was coming would just pass by and not notice him.
-
We can be like the turkey and the turtle too when the time of stress and crisis comes.  We can choose to panic or we can get quiet and listen for the quiet voice of our Heavenly companion.  He will whisper our flight instructions if we'll hear him!
-
Psalm 31:22 In panic I cried out, "I am cut off from the Lord!"  But you heard my cry for mercy and answered my call for help.
-
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment