Thursday, April 28, 2016

Fw: Answers?




----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Rob Smith <toanosmith@yahoo.com>
To: Rob Smith <rsmith@mycwa.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2016 7:27 AM
Subject: Answers?

This past Sunday was my Mom's birthday.  She's in her 90's and going strong and part of our celebration was to walk around the "Art on the Square" festival in Williamsburg.  I was amazed at the variety of arts and crafts...everything from miniature trees made of wire to Australian didgeridoos (see picture).  Shirley found a small planter to buy that she'd been looking for that resembled a natural stone.  As we visited one booth I heard the resident artist say, "Please let me know if you have any questions."  The unique crafts on display caused us to have questions about technique and materials and the artists were generally eager to help.  But for some reason when she made that statement I pictured another scenario.  Just as we were going from exhibit to exhibit looking over the handiwork of these craftsmen, so we go through life looking for truth...looking for meaning...looking for beauty.  It almost seems that, in a similar way, we are shopping to decide what we will invest our measure of belief in.  What if, instead of the artist offering help to answer questions, a shopper went in to each booth and asked, "Do you have any answers?".  Isn't that what life is like?  We move from booth to booth of experience, knowledge, opinion, culture, religion viewing the work and determining whether we should invest our hearts and minds.
-
Frankly, I was most impressed with the Australian didgeridoo and the sales people who demonstrated the sound of this large wind instrument...but not impressed enough to buy one.  But when I went into the Jesus booth back at age 19 I found the One with the answers and now I take Him with me as I enjoy all of the festivals.
-
John 8:12 Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, "I am the light of the world.  Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
-
blessings as you sample the booths and look for answers, 
Rob Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment