Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Fw: thorny purpose




----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Rob Smith <toanosmith@yahoo.com>
To: Rob Smith <rsmith@mycwa.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2016 7:38 AM
Subject: thorny purpose

The plant with thorns caught my eye this morning.  I don't like thorns...they're ugly and painful.  But they do have purpose.  They discourage animals from eating them.  As porcupine quills discourage enemies and a turtle's shell wards off attackers, the thorns of a plant are a defensive design.  It occurred to me that we, also, need to recognize the "thorns" the Lord has provided us for defense.  His Word is a strong defense against many threats...temptations, attacks, discouragements. 
-
Psalm 119:92 If your law had not been my delight,
    I would have perished in my affliction.
-
Thorns may be unattractive to some but, to the plant, they mean protection and preservation.  The Lord has provided defense in His design for us as well.
-
blessings,
Rob Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment