Sunday, February 26, 2017

Fw: He saw me when yet unformed




----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Rob Smith <toanosmith@yahoo.com>
To: Rob Smith <rsmith@mycwa.com>
Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2017 7:01 AM
Subject: He saw me when yet unformed

Psalm 139:13 For you formed my inward parts;
    you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
    my soul knows it very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
    intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
16 
Your eyes saw my unformed substance;

in your book were written, every one of them,
    the days that were formed for me,
    when as yet there was none of them.
-
When we come to know the Lord through the rebirth that springs from faith in Jesus we are finally meeting the One who has already known us since we were yet unformed.  We talk about faith being a difficult concept because it deals with believing in what cannot be seen with the eye.  But God believed in us and saw us when we were not yet made.  If He could have that confidence then I can return it to Him. 
-
I love the thought that God had a plan for my life before I was born and that all my days were already laid out...including the ones I have ahead of me now.  I love the thought that I didn't just "happen"...I was "made", fashioned by the skilled author of life and unique in His eyes.  I celebrate the miracle of human life, known and seen by God and now restored to Him for all my days and for the time when time and days no longer are the measure of my experience.
-
blessings!
Rob Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment