Monday, December 11, 2017

Fw: Jesus in Psalm 22


We're considering messianic prophecies and, even though we are celebrating the birth of Jesus this month I thought it fascinating to share a prophecy of His experiences on the cross.
-
King David wrote Psalm 22 about 1,000 years before Jesus time on earth. But consider the amazing prophecy contained within and fulfilled by the gospel accounts of Jesus as He suffered for us:

Psalm 22:1 My God, my God, why have you abandoned me?
Matt 27:46 At about three o'clock, Jesus called out with a loud voice, "Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?" which means "My God, my God, why have you abandoned me?"
-
Psalm 22:8 
"Is this the one who relies on the Lord?
    Then let the Lord save him!
If the Lord loves him so much,
    let the Lord rescue him!"
Matt 27:43
He trusted God, so let God rescue him now if he wants him! For he said, 'I am the Son of God.'"
-
Psalm 22:18
They divide my garments among themselves
    and throw dice for my clothing.
John 19:23-24
When the soldiers had crucified Jesus, they divided his clothes among the four of them. They also took his robe, but it was seamless, woven in one piece from top to bottom. 24 So they said, "Rather than tearing it apart, let's throw dice for it." This fulfilled the Scripture that says, "They divided my garments among themselves and threw dice for my clothing." So that is what they did.

-------------------------------------------
"Death is inevitable.  Life is a choice!"

John 11:25
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live."


No comments:

Post a Comment