Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Fw: New in the Old

Jeremiah 31:31 "Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah, 32 not like the covenant that I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, my covenant that they broke, though I was their husband, declares the Lord. 33 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the LordI will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 34 And no longer shall each one teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, 'Know the Lord,' for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, declares the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more."
-
This prophecy of Jeremiah, made some 600 years before the time of Christ is the only direct reference to the New Covenant or New Testament found in the Old Testament.  So it helps make the bridge from the time of the people of Israel and the law of Moses to the time that we now live in and the grace we have available through Christ.
-
He speaks of a time that was coming (and now has arrived) when the law was no longer something on the outside, written only only on tablets of stone but would be something on the inside, written on human hearts.  The law would become imbued within as the Lord, Himself, would become known personally.  The divisions that men devise to make themselves superior to each other would fall away as each believer becomes elevated to the highest human calling: "child of God".  And under this new covenant every sin would be forgiven and forgotten and the end result would be (and now is) a close, personal relationship with God that begins in our personal Egypt, here on earth, and never ends....continuing forever.
-
blessings,
Rob Smith
-------------------------------------------
"Death is inevitable.  Life is a choice!"

John 11:25
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live."


No comments:

Post a Comment