Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Fw: bearings

Colossians 3:13 bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive.
-
In a wheel, motor, or other mechanical device bearings are necessary to permit smooth rolling movement.  Decades ago, as a young naval officer, I was yanked from my bed one night by the chief engineer who told me to "Go up and down the pier and wake up the duty supply officer on every ship and don't come back until you find bearings" for a broken fire pump on our ship.  I'll never forget that experience...I could have used a few bearings in my inner attitude that night.
-
Just as wheel bearings distribute friction by rolling between two surfaces, so we need forgiveness to distribute the friction that can come between us.  If we cannot forgive all motion is frozen, just as when a bearing freezes in a pump or wheel.  And just as the bearing works constantly, though it operates in the background, so our forgiving manner must be right there...always present...as we interact with each other.
-
As the Lord has forgiven us...so we need the "bearing" of forgiveness when differences and complaints try to create friction.  Interesting that this bearing is not a suggestion..."so you also must forgive".
-
blessings,
Rob Smith

-------------------------------------------
"Death is inevitable.  Life is a choice!"

John 11:25
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live."


No comments:

Post a Comment