Thursday, June 14, 2018

Fw: One thing

Philippians 3:13...But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus....10 that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death
-
There may be times when you feel aimless or uncertain of what you should be going after.  You may wonder about what you should give your life to and you may wonder what should be your focus even today.
-
Paul has a laser-like insight to his ambition.  He starts by putting the past behind him.  He is thinking forward and thinking ahead...actually straining against the grip of the present to move to a Heavenly call forward and upward.  He is all about knowing Jesus better and better, to the point of identifying with him in suffering for the same cause...the cause of bringing others to faith.
-
He never has the attitude that "he has arrived"...notice: 12 Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. 
-
Because Christ has made us "his own" we seek to only come after Him.  This is our ambition.  This is the "one thing" we do.
-
blessings,
Rob Smith

-------------------------------------------
"Death is inevitable.  Life is a choice!"

John 11:25
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live."


No comments:

Post a Comment