Friday, June 29, 2018

Fw: Three characters

Psalm 28:
The Lord is my strength and my shield;
    in him my heart trusts, and I am helped;
my heart exults,
    and with my song I give thanks to him.
-
The Psalms, at least the first 28 Psalms, seem to have three main characters that show in each one: the writer, who is in need of deliverance, protection, comfort, and provision.....the enemy and the evil ones who seek to harm the writer and/or to bend circumstances and the lives of others to their own self-centered purposes...and God, who alone resolves evil, provides protection and all that the writer needs.  Perhaps that is the essential drama that each of us face.  We may be the writer, who seeks to follow and trust in God...or perhaps we are the enemy, who has no regard for God and lives for self.
-
But, whether we are writer or the enemy we are certainly not God.  Our choice is either to bow before and trust Him...or ignore His mighty power and presence for the few years we walk the planet, only to face Him eventually.  We are either for Him or we are against Him and our choice will make all the difference...the wonder is that the enemy can be changed to become the writer and the song that David writes of above and the heart that is full can be a heart that has been changed from one to the other.
-
Only God can transform the heart.
-
blessings,
Rob Smith

-------------------------------------------
"Death is inevitable.  Life is a choice!"

John 11:25
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live."


No comments:

Post a Comment