Friday, June 22, 2018

Fw: waiting and trusting

Psalm 13:1 How long, O Lord? Will you forget me forever?
    How long will you hide your face from me?
-
When we are going through trials God can seem far away.  But if we didn't have trials we wouldn't grow in our dependence on Him.  Waiting and trusting leads to worship and thanksgiving ultimately.  This is what David experienced as his enemies pursued him and God ultimately saved him.  So here is how this psalm ends:
-
Psalm 13:But I have trusted in your steadfast love;
    my heart shall rejoice in your salvation.
I will sing to the Lord,
    because he has dealt bountifully with me.
-
When times are tough, if it's the Lord we are waiting for...it's the Lord we will recognize and thank ultimately.  There is a beautiful anticipation in faith's design.
-
blessings,
Rob Smith

-------------------------------------------
"Death is inevitable.  Life is a choice!"

John 11:25
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live."


No comments:

Post a Comment