Monday, July 16, 2018

Fw: Higher rock

Psalm 61 Hear my cry, O God,
    listen to my prayer;
from the end of the earth I call to you
    when my heart is faint.
Lead me to the rock
    that is higher than I,
for you have been my refuge,
    a strong tower against the enemy.
-
We visited our daughter a few weeks ago, with her sweet family, in Colorado.  One day all of us went for a hike in beautiful Roxborough State Park, where a wall of rock "plates" has been thrust up from the ground to form dramatic images.  As we passed beneath some of the large stones I thought of the old hymn "Hiding in the Shadow of the Rock."  This morning's psalm also made me think of the rocks as the psalmist asks to be led to the "rock that is higher than I".  We are reminded that God is the rock of our lives, who provides shade from the intensity of life's challenges, a refuge from harm and a strong tower of power against any who would do us harm.  It is humbling to walk beneath a massive rock.  You feel small.  But you are reminded that it is okay to be small when you are in the shelter of the massive rock of ages who provides shelter, shade and strong protection.
-
blessings,
Rob Smith 

-------------------------------------------
"Death is inevitable.  Life is a choice!"

John 11:25
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live."


No comments:

Post a Comment