Thursday, July 19, 2018

Fw: Look up, not back

Psalm 70 Make haste, O God, to deliver me!
    Lord, make haste to help me!
Let them be put to shame and confusion
    who seek my life!
Let them be turned back and brought to dishonor
    who delight in my hurt!
Let them turn back because of their shame
    who say, "Aha, Aha!"

May all who seek you
    rejoice and be glad in you!
May those who love your salvation
    say evermore, "God is great!"
But I am poor and needy;
    hasten to me, O God!
You are my help and my deliverer;
    Lord, do not delay!

There are times when you are convinced that "they" are out to get you!  There may be some force...some people...some kind of opponent who seems to be bound on nullifying and negating you.  What should our focus be at those times?  We become naturally defensive when we feel the threat.  But verse 4 reminds us that the most important thing that gives us identity and integrity has to be our dependence on the living God.  The same God who revealed His salvation to us in the most personal of ways can be completely trusted to preserve and protect.  The reality is that each of us lives in a state of perpetual need and in a state of constant dependence on God.  Rather than looking back at those who are chasing us let us continually look up to the One who has saved us!
-
blessings!
Rob Smith

-------------------------------------------
"Death is inevitable.  Life is a choice!"

John 11:25
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live."


No comments:

Post a Comment