Monday, August 6, 2018

Fw: Message of hope


91 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
    will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say to the Lord, "My refuge and my fortress,
    my God, in whom I trust."

-
Because you have made the Lord your dwelling place—
    the Most High, who is my refuge
10 no evil shall be allowed to befall you,
    no plague come near your tent.

-
14 "Because he holds fast to me in love, I will deliver him;
    I will protect him, because he knows my name.
15 When he calls to me, I will answer him;
    I will be with him in trouble;
    I will rescue him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him
    and show him my salvation."

-
Psalm 91 captures the essence of the beauty and the promise wrapped up in the intimate, personal relationship that each of us can have with the Lord (Only a portion quoted here). The psalm paints a picture of protection and preservation that God provides for those who choose Him.  We are left with a picture of hope that drives from dwelling as close to the Lord as a shadow is to a man....that reflects the Lord as the actual address for our hearts...that describes the Lord as the one we run to in trouble (and whom He will rescue!)...that fulfills the promise that our calls to Him will be answered.
-
This is the living God, who not only made all of Creation....He made you and me and He made us to live closely and depend completely on Him.
-
blessings!
Rob Smith

-------------------------------------------
"Death is inevitable.  Life is a choice!"

John 11:25
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live."


No comments:

Post a Comment