Friday, August 3, 2018

Fw: The promise


A promise means forever.  When we make promise we mean to never break it.  Marriage is probably the greatest human example of one person making a promise to another, who makes the same promise to that person...to never leave, always support, become one from two.
-
God made promises to man.  We call them covenants and record them in testaments, old and new.  They truly are "forever" promises.  In Psalm 89 the writer makes several references to this forever covenant:
-
89 I will sing of the steadfast love of the Lord, forever;
    with my mouth I will make known your faithfulness to all generations.
For I said, "Steadfast love will be built up forever;
    in the heavens you will establish your faithfulness."
You have said, "I have made a covenant with my chosen one;
    I have sworn to David my servant:
'I will establish your offspring forever,
    and build your throne for all generations.'" Selah

-
....and who could make such a promise?
-
11 The heavens are yours; the earth also is yours;
    the world and all that is in it, you have founded them.

-
....of course!  The One who made it all!
-
....and what is the nature of this One who made us and planted us on this surface?
-
14 Righteousness and justice are the foundation of your throne;
    steadfast love and faithfulness go before you.
-
....The "forever" theme of the eternal God is mirrored in the forever promises of God to His people from generation to generation.  He wants them to know that forever with Him awaits all who have trusted in Him.
-
blessings,
Rob Smith

-------------------------------------------
"Death is inevitable.  Life is a choice!"

John 11:25
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live."


No comments:

Post a Comment