Monday, August 13, 2007

surprise your Father

 
Do you remember playing hide and seek with your Dad before bedtime.  My Dad would hide in a closet with his shoe sticking out a little so we'd find him.  We'd see the shoe, open the door and yell "Surprise, I found you!" and we'd all start laughing.  Even though he wasn't surprised even a little, he was delighted to join in the surprise and he loved being found.  Tomorrow, when you think the Lord isn't watching (and nobody else will think you're crazy)  sneak up behind Him and yell, "Surprise, I found you."  Sure He saw you coming, and sure He really is the one who found you...but I'm pretty sure He'll be tickled.  I suspect He longs to play with His children too.
 
Hosea 11:1 "When Israel was a child, I loved him, and out of Egypt I called my son."
 
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment