Thursday, March 21, 2013

losing a tooth

It started as a wiggle...
an unexpected move

this rock hard tooth within my mouth
shifted slightly from its groove

I worked it endless with my tongue
to push it there and back

Why should I lose this part of me?
We'd grown so tight attached.

But I was told there'd be reward
upon the tooth's departure...

So all the harder did I work,
even got the help of father.

He explained the tooth was dead
and needed to make way...

Another one was coming,
The old one had its day

Parts of me are still attached
like teeth from long ago,

That need some work..some push and pull
These parts just need to go.

To see the new life come within
I need to work the old...

My Father says rewards will come,
New life will I behold.


Romans 12:Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment