Thursday, May 11, 2017

Fw: faith




----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Rob Smith <toanosmith@yahoo.com>
To: Rob Smith <rsmith@mycwa.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2017 7:26 AM
Subject: faith

We all have faith. 
-
The question is: What is our faith in?  Faith is belief in something we cannot see.  I have faith in the electricity that lights up my home and powers my smart phone.  I can't see it and I really don't understand it but electricity works!  I have faith in God.  I haven't seen Him and He's way beyond my understanding but I have experienced the result of faith in God.  There is an invisible part of me that needs the touch of God.  Just as I can't see my personality...or my emotions...or my conscience...or the workings of my mind...so I need the help of the invisible God who can see all of me and is able to reach and touch every aspect of me.
-
And faith in God leads to greater faith in God as this belief becomes a steel cable and over this cable travel my innermost concerns and questions and over this cable come answers and peace.  And so we walk by faith, having found this cable to be true.
-
Faith both connects us with God and provides the highway through which God speaks to us, leads us and causes us to grow.  Jesus is the doorway to faith.  He has been on both sides of the door...here on earth and also in Heaven...and He paved the way for that door to open also to us...who have begun here and need to move through that door.
-
When your innermost person longs for the deepest truth and all of this is past your understanding turn your faith toward the one who formed you, understands you and defines truth.  He will complete the bridge of faith.
-
Romans 1:17 For in it [the Gospel] the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith, as it is written, "The righteous shall live by faith."
-
blessings,
Rob Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment