Friday, January 17, 2020

Fw: Body Life


It occurred to me yesterday, as I was walking and listening to Ephesians, that the Lord really emphasizes 'body' in a different way than I do, in my general thinking.  When I think about 'body' I generally think about my body...my individual, separate body...my life...my problems...my health...my future, etc.  But, while that body is certainly important to the Lord...in fact He has given His life to deliver that body from eternal death to eternal life......His body is a grander one to consider.
-
We who have placed our faith in Christ and been born anew have been placed into His body, not as separate, stand-alone pieces, but as one integrated entity.  His body is the church...and that body is truly amazing.  Just as our personal bodies have billions of cells that are woven into tissues and organs and that work together to think and move and function with purpose, so His body on earth is made of all true believers, who are woven together for great purpose.
-
As it says in Romans, chapter 12:so we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another.
-
We don't lose our identity in Christ....We find it...and that identity is wrapped up in His body.
-
It is a body with great purpose.  Consider these words from Ephesians, chapter 4:15 Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ, 16 from whom the whole body, joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love.
-
If we have this grand view of the body we are part of as believers, perhaps it will give us a grander view of the purpose our individual bodies have!
-
Love,
Rob Smith

-------------------------------------------
"Death is inevitable.  Life is a choice!"

John 11:25
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live."


No comments:

Post a Comment