Thursday, January 30, 2020

God is

Exodus 3:14 God said to Moses, "I am who I am." And he said, "Say this to the people of Israel: 'I am has sent me to you.'
Revelation 1:8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."
John 8:58  Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am."
-
If God is...that makes all the difference.  Perhaps the greatest challenge we, as believers, face is the daily choice of walking out this truth.  It is a 'choice' because every day, regardless of what we have come to know and trust of God in the past, we are tempted to live for ourselves and by ourselves.
-
The absolute truth that 'God is' should be the starting point of the day, the mid-day place of refuge and the final focus before we surrender to sleep.
-
If 'God is' then we must follow His commands, trust in His loving protection, repent of our sin, praise Him for all the blessings of life and the promises He stands behind regarding the future.
-
Since 'God is' we can count on opposition from those who do not want to face God and from God's enemy, the devil.  And we must choose whether our attitude throughout the day will show His presence in our lives...or whether we will live as though God is something or someone we discuss or visit on Sunday mornings while the rest of our week we are ruled by our minds alone.
-
But...God is!  So how will we walk out this day?
-
blessings,
Rob Smith
-------------------------------------------
"Death is inevitable.  Life is a choice!"

John 11:25
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live."


No comments:

Post a Comment