Tuesday, June 19, 2007

living in a love story

I watched an inspirational sports movie, called "Hoosiers" last night.  One small piece of the movie showed how a man and a woman, even though no longer young, needed one another.  I was reminded that I live in the middle of a love story every day when I reflect on my lovely wife and how the Lord must have loved us so much that He wouldn't leave us to struggle through this tough life separate and alone.  I've touched on this before but feel it's worth mentioning again that the beauty reflected from husband and wife, coming together like a jig saw puzzle reaching completion, is one of the greatest demonstrations that God is alive, that God is behind our design and that God is in the middle of our lives.  If man would have designed it, we'd all be very similar.  What designer purposely builds weaknesses into his primary products?  But the Lord has intentionally created man and woman with weaknesses so that they might help one another.  Marriage is a relationship built on designed need.  I think that's why we are so touched and that's why we resonate with such profound agreement and joy when we reflect on our own marriages and on those of others, as they stand across the years.  In a very real way, each of our marriages is a living proof of the reality of God and of His incredible love for us.  Maybe that's why He chose to use the illustration of a Bride for His church.
 
Genesis 24:40 "He replied, 'The LORD, before whom I have walked, will send his angel with you and make your journey a success, so that you can get a wife for my son from my own clan and from my father's family.
 51 Here is Rebekah; take her and go, and let her become the wife of your master's son, as the LORD has directed."
58 So they called Rebekah and asked her, "Will you go with this man?"
      "I will go," she said.
64 Rebekah also looked up and saw Isaac. She got down from her camel 65 and asked the servant, "Who is that man in the field coming to meet us?"
      "He is my master," the servant answered. So she took her veil and covered herself.
 66 Then the servant told Isaac all he had done. 67 Isaac brought her into the tent of his mother Sarah, and he married Rebekah. So she became his wife, and he loved her; 
 
blessings (with thanks for Shirley),
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment