Thursday, March 20, 2008

designer world

You can't hide good taste.  From designer jeans to designer jewelry to designer handbags, we recognize an excellent designer by his or her products.  True also of fine art, I'm told that experts can identify the artist by the paint strokes and subtle use of color.  Frank Lloyd Wright was know for architecture that married function with nature.
 
Today, as I looked out my office window, I considered a tall loblolly pine tree standing a few hundred yards away.  As the tree grows, the branches remain around the top of the trunk, allowing the tree to retain amazing flexibility.  As I continue to reflect on the tree I realized that there is nothing that any man can take credit for in the loblolly pine.  Absolutely every aspect of the tree's design came from the drawing board of our Lord.  In a sense, when we gaze on the loblolly pine we are seeing the hands and the mind of God, because absolutely every aspect of the tree was crafted and developed by Him.  I have never seen God, but I see Him daily in the loblolly pine (I see Him in you, too!).
 
Isaiah 45: 9 " Woe to him who strives with his Maker!
      Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth!
      Shall the clay say to him who forms it, 'What are you making?'
      Or shall your handiwork say, 'He has no hands'?
 
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment