Saturday, March 29, 2008

true riches

Psalm 119: 14-16 I have rejoiced in the way of Your testimonies,
         As much as in all riches.
  I will meditate on Your precepts,
         And contemplate Your ways.
 I will delight myself in Your statutes;
         I will not forget Your word.
 
This morning I read the passage above and my heart was pierced with the initial verse, especially.  I have experienced the richness of God making His words come to life as I have read or heard scripture and felt truth become personalized.  Have you also had that experience, when the words of the Bible seem to be a personal letter written specifically to you.  I don't think that anything can satisfy the deepest part of us like the personal touch that God provides in this way.  I believe that we crave truth and long for understanding, and when we have brushed this need aside, or suppressed it for a while, we come back to the Lord and wonder why we ever left.  I want to long for God the way I so often long for the riches of this world...I know that His are the true riches.
 
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment