Tuesday, March 4, 2008

why I'm married

This morning I discovered one more reason why I need a wife.  When I was puttering around in the bathroom I spotted a change to the toilet.  Sitting on top of the toilet tank was a new vase with sprigs of an artificial plant coming out.  Without a doubt it enhanced the appearance of the toilet and the bathroom.  Immediately the thought struck: I wouldn't have thought to decorate the toilet tank in a hundred years.  My wife's gift for decorating our home has made all the difference in warming it up.  Left to me, there would be a couch, a tv and an odd assortment of chairs (and that would be about it!).  When it came to window treatment, I'd draw the line at blinds...curtains would be going too far (if it were just me...).  Just one more obvious reason why the Lord graciously didn't allow me to wander alone through life.
 
Psalm 128:3 Your wife shall be like a fruitful vine In the very heart of your house
 
blessings (thanks to Shirley),
Rob Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment