Tuesday, May 6, 2008

my eve

As I was exercising on a stationary bike last night, I was listening to a Contemporary Christian TV channel.  It was good to focus on the Lord while simultaneously working on my body.  During each song, pictures of the artists and brief biographical notes flashed on the TV screen.  All of the pictures were flattering and all of the artists...especially the women...seemed attractive.  Then I remembered that the Lord has given me a beautiful woman to share every day of my life.  As I reflected on that I realized that He formed Shirley with all the qualities I could possibly need or desire for a lifetime of the closest kind of companionship.  Recently I've also been appreciating the great benefit Shirley brings in seeing people and issues that touch our lives with intuition and wisdom that I often miss.  And, to top it off, she is the mother of my three daughters and we share the joys of grandparenting now.  Putting these thoughts together I realize I am the recipient of two incredible blessings: a beautiful and amazing wife and a gracious and generous Lord, who designed marriage and brought Shirley into my life. 

Such treasure far surpasses the momentary view of other women.

Proverbs 5:18 Let your fountain be blessed,
      And rejoice with the wife of your youth.

blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment