Sunday, May 4, 2008

Sculpted souls

Stand back about ten feet from yourself.  Turn on the video machine that plays the story of your life.  Watch your life story unfold.  Look at the positive qualities that emerge repeatedly from your life.  Having spent some time recently with my two sisters, I was struck with the thought that the personality traits I love so much about each of them are still just as present now as they were 40 years ago.  Qualities like humor, genuine interest in others (even strangers), perseverance to overcome challenges and endure trials and many intangibles.  The thought occurred that our Creator's design wasn't limited to our physical body...He also fashioned our personality, areas of natural talent, and our basic attitudes toward life.  Of course our life experiences have also chiseled our characteristics, but I realized that so much of who I am is the direct result of His Master Craftsmanship.  He is not just the Author of life, He is the sculptor of my soul !

Psalm 119:73 Your hands have made me and fashioned me;
         Give me understanding, that I may learn Your commandments.

blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment