Thursday, December 3, 2009

the nobility of every man

As I peered out my window at work the other day I spotted a crew of fellows blowing leaves away from the commercial buildings that surround us.  They were working hard physically while I was comfortable in my office setting.  I thought about the tendency we may have to categorize people.  Even in subtle ways we may judge some folks "better" than others improperly.  We tend to stratify the worth of people by education, possessions, achievement, land of origin....perhaps we do this because we like to find ways to elevate our "self-view".  It occurred to me that there is a dignity and a nobility of man that we share and that is vested within us by our Creator.  Our nobility is reflected in the great price that has been paid for everyone to be reconciled to the One who formed us.  Recent news about celebrities  has made clear that our sin nature is shared across all classes of men.  There are many good things that we can accomplish and achieve, but our worth is intrinsic...equally shared with all...and imbued by our Creator and not ourselves.
 
Hebrews 2: 9But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, now crowned with glory and honor because he suffered death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone.
 
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment