Monday, December 7, 2009

spirit to flesh

Jesus is God come down to earth in human form.  He did this to identify with us, to intercede for us and ultimately to pay the price we couldn't pay to reconcile us to the Father.  When we believe this, with trust...putting the full weight of our life on Him we enter eternal life.  From then on, while we are still on the planet, it is our privilege to come after Him to garner tastes of Heaven so that, one day, we will bask in His full presence, with glorious praise and gratitude.  It occurred to me this morning that Jesus was fully spirit and He took on flesh so that I, who am fully flesh, might take on Spirit.  As a friend shared recently, Jesus ascended in His resurrection body to sit at the Father's right hand and, still today, He is in the form of that resurrected "Human" body and so Jesus still carries His human side in Heaven.  We begin our heavenly identity here and carry our spiritual form to Heaven.  One day we will worship our brother and Lord, Jesus, in His immediate presence...where spirit and flesh have become one.
 
John 17:24"Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world."
 
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment