Saturday, November 12, 2011

fountains

As I strolled the wooded path this brisk Saturday morning I was grateful for the indwelling presence of God.  The past few weeks have been challenging as I have wrestled with a driving accident where no one was hurt but my self image took some hits.  As a result I haven't been sleeping too well...turning thoughts over as I turned over in bed.  Life goes on, however, and with it all the responsibilities of functioning and performing a job.  One challenging morning, as I faced the day ahead, I remembered that the Lord lives within me.  He has said that "we have the mind of Christ" and "we are the Temple of the Holy Spirit".  I decided to rely on Him for all that needed to be done that day and He showed up!  Work was performed, ideas needed bubbled up from within, tasks to be accomplished got done and I realized that God truly is a "spring of life" welling up through our lives, as we allow Him.  The idea of a fountain ran through my mind this morning.  The word "fountain" comes from Latin words that mean "source or spring".  I thought of how, as the Lord pours His live in and through our lives, we become fountains.  Of course, He is the source and we can become the display of that living water as it courses through and jets up and out into a world that desperately needs to see proof that God lives and makes a difference in lives.

Psalm 36:8 You feed them from the abundance of your own house,
      letting them drink from your river of delights.
 9 For you are the fountain of life,
      the light by which we see.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment