Saturday, April 30, 2016

Fw: Morning reflections




----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Rob Smith <toanosmith@yahoo.com>
To: Rob Smith <rsmith@mycwa.com>
Sent: Saturday, April 30, 2016 3:47 PM
Subject: Morning reflections

Our heads can be foggy but our spirits may be most alert in the morning.  Before the distractions of daily life divert us we may be most impressionable to the imprint of the Lord on our hearts and minds.  This morning, as I gazed across the reflected sky of my local pond, it occurred to me that the Lord wants and deserves all of me...not just a part of me.  I tend to think of the Lord when He fits my schedule or when problems bring me to the end of self, but this morning it occurred to me that our Creator has a greater claim than that.  After all, He doesn't care for me 'part' of the time...He doesn't watch over this world when He feels like it.  He is full time about the business of Creation management. 
-
I need to find ways of looking up and expressing gratitude more frequently. 
-
One day I'll be directly in His presence with no distractions and the self focus that seems to capture me most of the time will evaporate, I believe.  Perhaps it all starts with the senses.  God is Spirit but we are flesh and our spirit needs awakening.  Just as we didn't fashion ourselves, so all that surrounds us was also directly or indirectly formed at the Master's command.  Nature quietly shouts in worship through displays of endless beauty, variety and function. 
-
But am I listening and is my appreciation truly returned to Him?
-
Romans 1:20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.
-
blessings,
Rob Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment