Monday, April 10, 2017

Fw: Don't be troubled




----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Rob Smith <toanosmith@yahoo.com>
To: Rob Smith <rsmith@mycwa.com>
Sent: Monday, April 10, 2017 7:14 AM
Subject: Don't be troubled

John 14:1 "Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also."
-
How often do we have troubled hearts?  To be honest I don't think a day goes by that concerns, worries, uncertainties don't touch my heart in some way.  If "troubled hearts" are our starting point where do we go and what do we do?  On the night that Jesus was betrayed, Himself, He provided a wonderful teaching to comfort His disciples and now to comfort us.  The first base to run to is "belief" in God and His Son.  They are teaming up to prepare a place for you...a place just for you.  This place is in the Father's house!  You have a room there.  Jesus is making it ready right now.  And one day He will personally come and when your life is just ending here on earth as you have faced the troubling experience of final suffering and death....just at that moment Jesus will show up and take you to Himself.  And He will take you to be with Him and to live in the Father's House in the room made just for you.  This hope washes away the troubles that trouble our hearts in the here and now.
-
blessings,
Rob Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment