Thursday, April 13, 2017

Fw: What to keep




----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Rob Smith <toanosmith@yahoo.com>
To: Rob Smith <rsmith@mycwa.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2017 7:34 AM
Subject: What to keep

John 14 captures important instructions from Jesus that He provided right before He was betrayed and crucified.  These last instructions focus on what to do when your heart is troubled (verse 1: "Let not your hearts be troubled...").  Earlier this week we discussed these ideas: realize that Jesus is preparing a place for all who have trusted in Him and He will come back for them....focus on the One who is the only way to the Father and don't let your heart wander in fear...believe with all your heart and mind that Jesus is who He said He is; the Son of God and then find His purpose for your life and answers for the questions that trouble you.
-
The next antidote to a troubled heart is wrapped up in a small word: "keep".  We can choose what to keep and what to let go of within our hearts.  Consider these instructions from this wonderful chapter:
-
John 14:15 "If you love me, you will keep my commandments.  16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever"
-
 21 "Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him."
-
 23 Jesus answered him, "If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him."
-
When our hearts are troubled we should consider what we are keeping in them and what we are releasing from them.  And as we keep His word in our heart we find there is no room left for the fears that trouble us.  His word fuels hope and brings promise.  We find purpose and answers for our concerns.  We meet Him and we experience Him by keeping His word.
-
blessings,
Rob Smith



No comments:

Post a Comment