Friday, April 14, 2017

Fw: In...with...for...You




----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Rob Smith <toanosmith@yahoo.com>
To: Rob Smith <rsmith@mycwa.com>
Sent: Friday, April 14, 2017 7:49 AM
Subject: In...with...for...You

John, chapter 14, captures some of Jesus' last words to his disciples before going to the Cross.  His concern is for them, that "their hearts not be troubled".  The chapter uncovers layers of hope for all who trust in Him.  There is the sure promise of Heaven, the certain hope that Jesus is the one way there, the key of personal faith to appropriate this promise personally and the power of keeping His words in our hearts and in our lives.  And, perhaps most marvelous of all, Jesus explains that Father, Son and Holy Spirit all reside within the believer.  Consider the following verses from this chapter:
-
 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever, 17 even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you.
-
18 "I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.
-
 20 In that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you.
-
21 ...And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.
-
22... and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.
-
26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.
-
Jesus might be paraphrased as saying, "Let not your hearts be troubled.  Believe in me and Father, Son and Holy Spirit will come to you, reside in you and help you."
-
What greater resource can a troubled heart find?
-
Blessings this Good Friday (when we remember Christ's obedience and painful offering of His own life for ours on the Cross),
Rob Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment