Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Fw: spiritual gravity

The law of gravity...possibly the most familiar physical principle that goes with earthly life...so familiar that we don't often think about it, we just live with it.  And of course it helps keep our feet planted on earth and makes sports like football and baseball possible.  There are laws of the unseen, spiritual world as well.  Paul is discussing these in Romans 7:21 "So I find it to be a law that when I want to do right, evil lies close at hand. 22 For I delight in the law of God, in my inner being, 23 but I see in my members another law waging war against the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members."
-
Paul tells us that there is a separate force, apart from our will, that seeks to conform us to a different direction...and it's not a good direction.  We can truly delight in God's word and ways and be motivated to follow...and yet this other force actively tries to pry us away.  But, unlike gravity, we don't have to comply with this law...in fact our lifelong challenge is to conquer it!  But how??  Paul provides the answer in the following verse:
Romans 7:24 "Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
-
We may have to launch into space to escape gravity but we can overcome the grip of sin right here by turning from sin's pull to the savior's powerful presence.
-
blessings!
Rob Smith

-------------------------------------------
"Death is inevitable.  Life is a choice!"

John 11:25
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live."


No comments:

Post a Comment