Monday, July 9, 2007

power supply

 
I walked down a road near my home this morning and, for some reason, I noticed the telephone poles (which also carry electrical power).  I followed the power lines as I walked past the homes to see where each home received its electrical and phone wires off of the main line.  All of a sudden I came to some houses that had the telephone poles out front but no visible wires leading to the houses (I guess they were buried wires).  At the end of the road, in the newest section, there weren't even any telephone poles...the whole service had been buried.  It wasn't obvious with the new houses where their power was coming from.  The oldest homes were very conspicuous to show their source of energy.  I thought of the reality that, as I grow older, I am much more comfortable showing my source of power, in the Lord, than when I was young.  For some irrational reason I didn't think it was cool, or I didn't think I'd be accepted, or I just didn't think and I didn't want the world to see that the living God was my source of energy.  I buried the wires, just like the new houses.  They look prettier but when there's a problem there's a lot more digging required to make a repair.  I think it's better for people to let their power lines show!
 
Psalm 68:34 Proclaim the power of God,
                   whose majesty is over Israel,
                   whose power is in the skies
.
 
blessings,
Rob Smith
 

No comments:

Post a Comment