Sunday, September 2, 2007

Memory

Today I walked past an empty parking lot.  Friday night that lot had been filled with cars as folks attended the high school football game at the adjacent stadium.  It struck me that the reason all the cars were gone was because the owners remembered where they had parked.  There have been times when I've found myself wandering large parking lots trying to remember where I've parked (I'm sure you've never had that problem...).  After the William and Mary football game this past Thursday I went back to the area I was sure I'd parked and started to panic when I didn't see the high outline of my minivan....but then I recalled I'd driven my Mom's car, and it was there, fortunately.  I can be forgetful about other things.  Just today I left my navy blazer in the Church Annex where we had Sunday School.  I hope it's there on Tuesday after the holiday.  I thought about the Lord and how He has so much to remember.  Somehow He keeps the seasons on schedule and the moon revolving through its phases.  He remembers to melt the ice caps just enough to provide fresh water for the rivers.  He remembers to remind the migrating birds when its time to move on.  But most wonderful of all, He has remembered you and me.  Perhaps the greatest thing He has remembered is to forget our sin.
 
Psalm 136:23 to the One who remembered us in our low estate...His love endures forever.
 
Psalm 25:7 Remember not the sins of my youth
                  and my rebellious ways;
                  according to your love remember me,
                  for you are good, O LORD.
 
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment