Thursday, October 18, 2007

certainty and uncertainty

As each day breaks we are faced with uncertainty.  We may have a fair idea of how the day will unfold but we have no absolute assurance that all will go well and we really don't know what is going to happen specifically.  Of course the same is true as we project to the weeks, months and years ahead.  Whether in our own lives, or the lives of family and friends...or of the world situation in general....thre is a whole lot of uncertainty out there.  This morning as I watched the early dawn light tickle the tops of the trees and cause the new gold leaves to glimmer I remembered that there is one thing that is certain.  God has committed to be with us through all the uncertainty.  He knows the end from the beginning and He will carry us over the hills and lift us up from the valleys.  His presence in our lives, as those who have trusted in His Son, is assured.
 
Isaiah 46:10 I make known the end from the beginning,
       from ancient times, what is still to come.
       I say: My purpose will stand,
       and I will do all that I please.
 
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment