Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Magnify the Lord

...focusing on a small object causes it to fill your mind...focusing on an invisible God does the same...
 
The other morning as I walked before dawn broke I spied a bright object in the sky...it was actually too bright to be a star.  I believe it was a satellite.  In size it was, of course, very small compared with the vast black of night sky.  But as I reflected briefly on that small, but intense night light a thought struck me...even small things become large when they fill our minds.  At that point they are all we are focused on.  I believe the same is true of the Lord...Not that He is small, but He can be small in our minds because of the crushing presence of so many thoughts, feelings and cares of the every day.  But as we allow thoughts of our sweet Lord...our eternal companion and source of all truth...the One who always sees us....to enter and then to fill our minds God goes way beyond a concept, a religion or a point of view and takes His rightful place of ruler within.  Come, magnify the Lord with me!
 
Psalm 34: 3 Oh, magnify the LORD with me,
         And let us exalt His name together.
 
blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment