Sunday, October 7, 2007

A fruit fly going 70 miles per hour

This morning, on the way to church, I was running late and speeding just a little.  I was on the highway and going 70 miles per hour.  Something caught my eye and I spotted a fruit fly flitting around my passenger seat.  I realized that I was making it possible for a fruit fly to go 70 miles per hour.  I'm pretty sure he didn't realize how fast he was going...he thought he was buzzing around the same space that was parked at my house.  As we drove along together we ran into some bugs that were outside the van...unfortunately for them they couldn't fly 70 miles per hour to get out of my way and they got glued to the windshield.  When we are travelling in the Lord, He carries us farther and faster and with more power than we have within ourselves.  When we travel around and we're not in the Lord, we're prone to run into things that can hurt (or even squash) us.  I think the Lord opens the door for us to come in and buzz around next to Him.
 
Isaiah 41:14a (The Message) "Do you feel like a lowly worm, Jacob? Don't be afraid. Feel like a fragile insect, Israel? I'll help you. I, God, want to reassure you. The God who buys you back, The Holy of Israel. I'm transforming you from worm to harrow, from insect to iron.
 
blessings to my buggy friends,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment