Thursday, December 4, 2008

"By all means"

The other day I heard myself say to a coworker, "By all means" as a signal to go ahead and take action on something.  As soon as I said it I had a flashback to my Dad.  This was one of his favorite phrases and I always liked the positive feeling it gave to an activity.  Dad has been gone for about 12 years but this was one reminder that his imprint was placed deep within during the "growing up" years.  My Dad was certainly my hero.  I thought he was the smartest guy in the world and I knew that he loved me.  Of course this makes me think of our Heavenly Father.  He has placed His imprint deep within as well and many of His marvelous phrases give hope and help and health as we trudge through life.  When I was young the greatest joys I knew came from my father's praise, when I'd pleased him.  I hope to have the same attitude toward my Heavenly Father..."By all means".

Psalm 103: 13 Just as a father has compassion on his children,
         So the LORD has compassion on those who fear Him.

blessings,
Rob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment